Mirrors are an affordable way to expand the space in your Nashville apartment; they can make any room look larger and brighter as they reflect light and tricks the eye to think a space is larger.
Here are eight quick tips to use mirrors to expand your space:
- Place a mirror across from a window or patio door.Placing a mirror across from a window or door to give the illusion of a larger space and to bring in light and the view from outdoors.
- A large mirror can expand your space.A large mirror can act as a focal point and make any room look bigger. There are a lot of options at home good stores. They give the illusion of depth.
- Group mirrors together. Creating a stylish grouping of mirrors is an affordable way to brighten and extend a room or hallway. Check out home goods stores, thrift shops and yard sales for some great options. Paint the frames in monochrome colors and group them on a wall.
- Place a mirror behind furniture.A trick to expand a small space and draw the eye is to place a mirror behind furniture such as a couch or chair; this will brighten and enlarge a dark, small area.
- Mirrors on furniture and doors. Mirrors on furniture is another stylish option to make a room feel more spacious and uncluttered. Purchase unframed mirrors or mirrored tiles and adhere them to furniture doors or a tabletop to add the appearance of space and light.
- Turn a mirror on its side.This works best with narrower mirrors, but it makes a wall look longer instantly.
- Add floor length mirrors to make any space feel taller.Place floor length mirrors behind furniture or on their own and add height to any room.
- Fake a window.Add the illusion of a window by using mirrored tiles behind a piece of furniture or purchase an old window frame and place a mirror behind it. This is a great and fun way to make a small room look larger.
These are some great ways to make any space look larger and are perfect for apartments.